Home contents insurance

What would you do if you lost all your possessions? Could you afford to replace everything you own straight away?

Places for People insure the structure of your home but our cover doesn't include what's inside it (your furniture and your personal belongings).

If you have to replace the contents of your home it could prove very expensive. We therefore strongly recommend that you get your personal belongings insured against events including:

  • Accidental damage
  • FireĀ 
  • Theft
  • Flooding/escape of water

Places for People work with a major insurer to offer home contents insurance that can be paid in monthly instalments, at very competitive rates, and for all new customers taking out the cover the first months premium is free.

Unlike some insurances, on this scheme exclusively for Places for People customers, there are no excesses - so nothing to pay in the event of a claim.

Apply here

Apply online today for immediate cover


The policy is underwritten by Aviva Insurance Limited and administered by Wessex Administration Services Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.